Skip to content
- The 2017 awards are open to residents of the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria and Western Australia working in all fields of science, including biomedical, engineering, mathematics, technology and other applied or cross disciplinary sciences.
- Nominations from those working in industry or policy sectors and demonstrating an equally high level of research achievement to those in research institutions are encouraged.
- Nominees must be no more than 35 years of age as at the nomination closing date.
- The selection committee will take into account personal or extenuating circumstances that might provide grounds for consideration outside the above age criterion. Please include details in the nomination form such as:
- time out for maternity/parental leave.
- significant breaks in research time
- Nominees should hold a PhD. The selection committee will consider exceptions based on evidence of equivalent experience in industry.
- Nominees should currently be working in Australia and have undertaken a significant portion of their postgraduate research in Australia, and be committed to carrying out their research/work in Australia in 2018 to allow them to participate in outreach activities.
- Only individual scientists are eligible (not research teams).
- Self-nominations are not eligible.
- Nominees must be either permanent residents or citizens of Australia. New Zealand citizens may also apply, subject to fulfilling the criteria above.