Nominations will open on Wednesday 27th February and close at 11.59pm on Wednesday 10th April 2019.
ALL nominations must be submitted via the pdf form. If you are unable to complete the pdf form, please contact us via email.
A short video presentation about the awards can be found here.
In 2019 a nomination requires:
- A completed nomination form (including nominator and nominee statement)
- Application must be completed via the online submission process.
- A maximum four page CV
- One portrait photograph of at least 300 dpi resolution
Please read all the eligibility, selection and other background before submitting a nomination.
Open the Nomination pdf Form here.
How to complete this form:
- Open the Nomination pdf Form and Download the pdf to your computer ( use the Download or Save As option on your browser or via the Print Form and Print to PDF option on the form)
- Open the pdf on your computer in Adobe.
- Fill in all relevant details on your computer
- Save As – remembering to include your surname in the file name
- Submit Form.
If your system will not allow you to submit then simply email completed form , together with your Photo and CV to
If you do not receive a confirmation please contact our office.
Submitting a nomination
Thank you for your interest in nominating, and we look forward to your nomination in 2019. In 2019 a nomination … Read More »
Read here about the details on selection criteria for the 2019 awards. 1. Excellence in research achievement in the … Read More »
The 2019 awards are open to residents of the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales, Northern Territory, Queensland, South Australia, … Read More »
Nominators of individuals for the Awards should hold a senior research (or executive) position and be from a similar or … Read More »
Nominations will be judged by a selection committee in each state or territory according to consistent national guidelines. The … Read More »
Recipients of the Young Tall Poppy Science Awards (Young Tall Poppies) will become science ambassadors and must, as a condition … Read More »
A number of Young Tall Poppies are selected in each state and territory, and from amongst them a Young Tall … Read More »
Outcomes and benefits
Winning a Young Tall Poppy Science award carries benefits in addition to the certificate/trophy and potential prize: Prestige and peer … Read More »
Young Tall Poppy Science Award Ceremonies are held in every state and territory. For more information on all of … Read More »